Thursday, January 12, 2012

Size 6 is da new Plus Size for women? Is dat really an issue?

Read an article dat was just...funny, annoying, and nearly stoopid. For some reason or anudder, da fashion world has said dat a size 6 is da new Plus Size. I remember back in da day when a size 6 was da "perfect size". ..you remember all da weight loss commercials "I went from a 14 to a size 6, I went from a 22 to a size 6" and blah blah blah. However for many years now fashion models look WORSE than the poor victims of da Holocaust. In reality, I sure dont see alot of people where I live sporting the Holocaust look. Yet, there are size 6s, 8s, 10s and so forth that look a whole lot better than these nearly dead looking runway models. SO, in the article there was a "normal" looking gal posing naked wiff a rather skinny gal (nothing like the dead runway model tho). Several big wigs in da fashion industry was unaffected by da article and one lady nearly cried when she saw da photos...did you catch dat??? She nearly cried over the photos. My whole point is: fashion, glamour, Hollywood, famous folks, media, entertainment has gone far beyond and has consumed people to the point of crying over pictures? There are far greater fings in dis world to cry over and to be heartfelt about such as the homeless, the jobless, the abused and neglected, lonely elderly folks, the hungry...right now as today marks da 2nd mark of the horrible earffquake to hit Haiti over 1/2 a million people are still living in tents whose homes were destroyed. Dat seems like a sensible fing to get emotional about. Our country is in a mess, dat is something to get emotional about. 
I do understand that the runway skeletons are very unhealthy and dat is concerning. But let's get real: they chose dat profession and da fings dat go wiff it. Dat is no different than knowing a starved alligator is in your bafftub but you get in anyways...dat is your choice and what you have to live wiff. If the skeleton girls want out of dat profession then they have da choice to leave and get some meat on their bones. Their choice. But it's not a choice for those Haitians, it's not a choice for those who get pink slips, it's not a choice for voiceless animals, children, and elderly endure extreme hardships and have no way out, it's not a choice for so many affected by hard times all around the world. (Yes, I do realize there are people who DO choose to live like this and those are exempt from dis post, this is about good working and self sustaining people). 
Also to add to dis, my opinion on reality shows which I feel is a big contributor to the lack of emotional prioritization of hoomans. It's called desensitization. The more the media feeds chaos, wild sexual behaviors bad attitudes, addictions, unrulely children, and pure filth on tv it desensitizes the emotions and it becomes a "norm", it becomes "not a big deal"...and then when real issues in lives are affected the emotional need from others is not there or what it should be. We dont own or watch tv. I do however investigate the fads and will watch a few episodes of these popular fad shows on youtube (and have been subjected at my patient's homes to the stuff)...and I, myself, am appalled...I most of the time cannot watch a whole episode. Those images and fings gnaw at me and I dont understand why in the world these shows are so popular. Maybe people who dont live in those situations are curious about how others live...I have no idea. But the issue is, those shows, media, entertainment will desensitize emotions and very quickly it can happen. Maybe I enjoy being blind and sheltered from other's chaotic lifestyles, but I am not ignorant to the fact that some people have very hard lives to live everyday and I dont have to watch it unfold on tv. We should be willing to volunteer, counsel, be a Big Brother or Big Sister (not dat stoopid show) to kids in need, work at a soup kitchen, foster a child or a dog....do puzzles, read...."be careful little eyes what you see, be careful little ears what you hear..." For the eyes connect the heart and soul of a hooman. My heart goes out to the real emotional issues dat occur to people, for there is hope and good in all people. With their choice and help from others dat good can be unlocked. It cant be unlocked with emotionally blank people.  
I will try to post da link to dat stoopid article...bear wiff me as I learn dis blog stuff.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/01/11/new-magazine-editorial-highlights-shocking-differences-between-plus-size-and/?test=faces

No comments:

Post a Comment